This is a busy time and you have a lot to think about during your pregnancy, but don’t forget about your teeth and gums. Since brushing and flossing contributes to your overall health it is important you continue to follow good oral hygiene habits.
Make sure you see your dentist throughout your pregnancy for oral examinations and professional teeth cleanings. If you note any changes in your oral health make sure you bring it to the dentists attention. Good daily care is essential. Brushing twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste, flossing once a day, and eating a well balanced diet.
Tips for Pregnancy Dental Health :
- Brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste
- Floss at least once a day
- Eat a well balanced diet
- See your dentist regularly
- If plaque is a problem, your dentist may recommend rinsing with an antimicrobial mouth rinse
- If you experience morning sickness and are vomiting frequently try rinsing with a teaspoon of baking soda mixed with water to stop stomach acid from attacking your teeth.